Wednesday, February 3, 2016

Ground Hog's Day snow

The day after Ground Hog's Day has been a day of slow but sure snow removal.  We got about a foot here.

One outlet reported this to be the most storm in a single event since 1992.  We went from nearly bare ground and warm weather starting to feel like spring right back into the middle of winter.
The new camera is amazing.  It let me select an outdoor focus spot and then fired the flash to illuminate the indoors.  The lighting of the indoors and the use a polarizing filter to tone down the bright light on the white snow outdoors produced the effect I was hoping for, an effect I have found difficult to create in the past.

The new camera offered me all of the possibilities and then carried our my selections perfectly.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love this photo. It makes the indoors seem so warm and the snow is sort of dreamy looking yet focused.

Santini said...

That's an amazing amount of snow. We have just a trace here.