Tuesday, November 25, 2014

White Thanksgiving

I've been blogging here beginning in 2007.  For today's exercise I went back to November 25, 2007 and looked at the post to see if there was anything interesting enough to warrant reposting.

I worked my way forward to 2010 before I found something I like.

It turns out that this carping about bad weather is now at a point where we are going to have to let it go.  It has been worse on November 25 as recently as four years ago.  November 25, 2010, was Thanksgiving, here's a photo from that morning and from that 2010 post.
I could almost do all of that again, I still have that gear.  However, I don't have that shovel anymore.  That was an aluminum shovel with a steel wear strip on the business edge.  Even a steel wear strip will not stand up to four more years of scraping against the concrete.

So this year we have some white but not enough to constitute complete cover.  We have those humps of plow leavings around the cul-de-sac but absent those most of the rest of the terrain again has grass poking through.  Out in the field where the turkey bowl will be played on Thursday it is now mostly clear, good footing for touch football.

As long as I had the 2010 photo file open to find this photo, I picked out a couple of other favorites from a really nice last day of October, 2010.
There is a quite noticeable deterioration of conditions from October 31, above and below, to November 25, top.
Today is only Tuesday, it may still be a white Thanksgiving again this year.

2 comments:

Santini said...

I've been thinking the same thing -- it is no longer too early for cold and snow. It is pretty normal weather for nearly December.

We should have done BEDFAAMM in October. Now that was a nice month.

Jimi said...

Yep, I'm running out of material, too.

I wish I had an old toaster to blog about.