Thursday, June 23, 2011

Two things . . . three things

The oldest bridge in Paris, Pont Neuf. Pont Neuf translated means "New Bridge". I will be crossing this bridge at least daily, perhaps several times a day, in about a month.Two things:

It was too cold to ride today. We had some men come to the house to do some work (tree trimming) and when I went outside to point out the dead limbs and further discuss the whole tree thing with the head trimmer I felt some drops of moisture. About 20 degrees below average and damp? It was too cold to ride today. So that's one thing.

I sometimes jokingly state that I am more famous than I am. If you google gzmoohoo you get many hits, many more hits than you get if you google my actual name. Gzmoohoo is way, WAY more famous than I am. Two.

OK, three things.

Here's number three. I have never, ever, ever given out my cell phone number to any other than a select circle of family and friends. I have never, ever EVER given that number to any commercial entity. I have never listed the number when asked in sales transactions or membership applications for a cell number, I have never used the number as a cross reference for any on line or other purpose. I have put a large amount of effort into maintaining that phone as a private, personal telephone line.

Of late I have been receiving SPAM phone calls on my cell phone. VA mortgage telemarketers, card service scams, that sort of thing. Today I got a call which I have identified as originating in Provo, Utah. I know no one in Provo. There was a brief pause, someone spoke Spanish in the background and then a different voice but still a Spanish accented voice asked in English, "May I speak to GZ?"

I am astonished.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That third thing is bizarre.

Santini said...

I agree with Marz.

Neuf also means nine.

Emily M said...

Ditto to Marz and Santini. I didn't even give that phone number to anyone when I was briefly using that phone as a 16 year old.

Weird.

Neuf is of course the old word for new. That's how old the new bridge is.