Thursday, April 26, 2018

Ice on the water

And fire in the sky.

This is a small pond that I often pass by on rides to the north.
The effects of the fire in the sky should be fairly obvious.  It doesn't look much like winter out there anymore.  Even so the ice has not completely left the pond and the local recreation department seems comfortable with the idea that it is still winter.  When they closed that set of stairs they were dang serious.  Those are 2x4s NAILED to the head posts at the top the stairs.  A crowbar will be required to reopen those stairs.

Further suggesting that it is still winter is that I am still riding my winter bicycle.

Today I tried for a couple more miles.  Too windy,  really hard.

It is a process.

2 comments:

Santini said...

I'd forgotten what an attractive colorway you have on your cross bike.

I like what Emily said on the subject of ride length, "any biking, no matter how short the ride is, is better than no biking."

It looks like ice out is a ways off yet. Great shadows there -- nice shot.

TOPWLH said...

I like the photo of the winter bike, too. Pretty picture.

I hope the wind dies down for this beautiful, spring weekend.