Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Rules of Prey

I am going to stop complaining about May in about 4 or 5 more days. It was 59 today when I left for my ride. This needless to say, is subpar. On the other hand it hasn't been very wet and the cold doesn't keep me from riding.

The ride was fun and I ended up probably riding a little bit farther than I should have. I got home after the optimum time. As a result I was late and missed most of the discussion with the best selling author but I was on time for the book signing. He had already signed a copy of his new hardcover for Wireless last week. This time we asked for a signature on our copy of "Rules of Prey", the first in the Prey series.Even though it has been read by at least 4 or 5 people the paperback is in pretty good condition. And yes, we knew he was holding the book upside down. While we were waiting for our moment we noticed that he does that with everyone. A little Pulitzer Prize winner best selling author personality quirk.

TOPWLH reports that when asked why he stopped writing for the newspaper he replied that he believed that everyone should make enough money to be able to send their children to the University of Minnesota. As do most state universities, the UofM features relative bargain tuition. I therefore believe that he was saying that the newspaper business did not pay enough. I sincerely doubt whether he is having a similar experience with his current gig.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Since you never mentioned JS by name, I assume he was there as his alter ego, Lucas. The blue eyes were the give away. Sounds like fun.