Wednesday, May 30, 2007

Puddles

Both yesterday and today had extended periods when it was pretty nice. Both days those periods occurred when I was cooped up on the fourth floor of a lowertown office building. By 4pm both days the wind came up and clouds moved in. And both days it eventually rained pretty hard. No ride again today.

The rain is doing very well by the corn. There are very distinct green rows visible when I drive past in my car. Perhaps tomorrow I will get over there on my bicycle and I can share.The last France picture was Parc Monceau while it was lightly raining. This picture was taken later on that day in a more famous park. The puddles remain from the morning rain. An interesting tidbit is that the guide is visibly in this picture. That is her shadow in the left foreground. She holds the universal photographer's pose and snaps her parental units casually acting as though being in the Tuileries on a sunny day in May is no big deal.

2 comments:

Santini said...

Ah, Tuileries. B. Babe looks like she's enjoying being 'en France.'

Sorry about your weather. My historical May miles are all over the place. I like round numbers, and need about 10 more go get to one, about 25 to get to the other, bigger one. But all numbers are equally (in)significant, it's the riding that counts.

Santini said...

Clicking on the photo, I think I see some nice looking tulips in the background.