Saturday, March 24, 2007

A hazy Saturday

All the local forecasters said today would be even nicer than yesterday. But apparently the weather system which their computer models said would stay to the south actually penetrated a bit farther north. We had heavy early morning fog with occasional mist. The fog thinned out considerably as the sun came out but it never really burned off. It ended up being hazy but still fairly warm, a nice enough spring day.
Today I rode to the River for the first time this year. This view is upstream from the Marshall/Lake Bridge with the railroad bridge in the foreground obscuring the Franklin Avenue Bridge. Obviously a hazy day.

I rode twice in Florida in February and I would like to say that Florida is flat. Perhaps I should have commented on that earlier, I suppose. But riding where I live is a constant reminder. The surface of the earth here is heavily glaciated terrain, lumpy and rolling. Florida is flat, the only uphills I recall were overpasses. In defense of Florida it was about 50 degrees warmer there than it was here at the time I was there and there was plenty of exotic wildlife and subtropical vegetation. Florida was a relief at that moment but there is just no getting around the fact that it is flat.

No comments: